To live vigorously and luxuriantly, to flourish
Spirulina is single celled, cyanobacteria, or better known as blue-green algae. Spirulina contains nearly 60% protein making it a great candidate as a meat-alternative complete protein source. It is also said to be one of the only plant sources to contain B-12, a vital vitamin that most vegetarians lack in their diets. It is rich in healthy lipids such as ALA (omega 3), LA (omega 6), GLA (helps with inflammation) and DHA (primary component of the brain.).
Spirulina also contains vitamins B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (nicotinamide), B6 (pyridoxine), B9 (folic acid), vitamin C, vitamin D, and vitamin E. It is a source of potassium, calcium, chromium, copper, iodine, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, selenium, sodium and zinc.
• Alleviates allergy symptoms
• Strengthens the immune system
• Controls high blood pressure
• Controls cholesterol
• Protects against cancer
• Supports the growth of healthy bacterial flora in the gut
• Reduces the risk of cataracts and age related macular degeneration
• Acts as an anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial
• Works antiviral activity against HIV, herpes, and hepatitis
• Improves insulin resistance
• Protects against chemotherapy induced liver damage